The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
The Texas Bullet Train
Keywords: HSR, High Speed Rail
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration hosted the fourth annual FRA Rail Program Delivery Meeting - a 1.5-day conference for grantees, railroad representatives, federal oversight...
Investigating Human-Automation Interaction and Human Error in the Locomotive Cab
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Human-Automation Interaction; Human-Computer Interaction; Human Error; Trip Optimization; Positive Train Control; Human-in-the-loop Testing
Abstract: This presentation discusses the use of the Cab Technology Interface Laboratory (CTIL) for investigating human error opportunities associated with automation in the locomotive cab...
Emergency Order Establishing a Maximum Operating Speed of 40 mph in High-Threat Urban Areas
Keywords: crude by rail, HTUA, speed
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Emergency Order to require that trains transporting large amounts of Class 3 flammable liquid through certain highly populated areas adhere to a maximum...
Recommends that each railroad operating passenger trains assess the rules, instructions, and procedures used to ensure that a train will not depart a station until all passengers successfully board or alight from the train, and ensure compliance with such
Keywords: alighting; boarding
Advising all railroads to review their operating rules and take certain other action necessary to ensure that train crews who operate manual (hand-operated) main track switches in non-signaled territory restore the switches to their normal position after
Keywords: Signal and Train Control; non-signaled territory ; manual ; hand-operated