The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Office Safety Checker for Moving Block Train Control Systems
Keywords: Quasi-Moving Block (QMB), Full-Moving Block (FMB), Positive Train Control (PTC)
Abstract: As part of a research project sponsored by FRA between June 2020 and May 2022, TTCI developed and analyzed a concept for the Office Safety Checker (OSC) component of the Moving...
As part of a research project sponsored by FRA between June 2020 and May 2022, TTCI developed and analyzed a concept for the Office Safety Checker (OSC) component of the Moving...
Utilization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Accident Reconstruction
Keywords: Photogrammetry, accident reconstruction, grade crossing, railroad safety, highway-rail grade crossing, train control
Abstract: The Volpe National Transportation Systems Center evaluated the effectiveness of using UAVs and photogrammetry software to expedite the accident reconstruction process.
The Volpe National Transportation Systems Center evaluated the effectiveness of using UAVs and photogrammetry software to expedite the accident reconstruction process.
Virtual Block Track Circuit Assessment
Keywords: Virtual Block Track Circuit, VBTC, Positive Train Control, PTC, Quasi-Moving Block, QMB, virtual block, VB, ConOps, direct current
Fully Scalable Train Braking Simulation Environment
Keywords: Freight Trains, Braking, Positive Train Control, Simulation Environment
Human Error Analyses Associated with Locomotive Cab Automation
Keywords: Automation, Positive Train Control, PTC, Trip Optimizer, TO, Cab Technology Integration Laboratory, CTIL, human error, human factors