Please note: The data is accurate through June 30, 2022. No data updates are available.
FRA provides multiple data tools for analysis of collisions, deaths, and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings (also known as grade crossing or GX). GX Dash! is an interactive dashboard showing grade crossing collisions in the United States from 2013 to 2022.
GX Dash! can answer the following questions regarding grade crossing collisions:
- Where have grade crossing collisions happened both nationally and locally?
- What is the trend in grade crossing collisions, injuries, and fatalities?
- What is the number of collisions, fatalities, and injuries for a given state and county?
- What data trends exist in the situational details of grade crossing collisions? (Such as type of vehicle, vehicle position, time of day, warning device present.)
- What are some identifiable drivers’ actions involved in grade crossing collisions?
After each reported grade crossing collision that occurs, FRA receives detailed information on the incident from the railroad involved. This data can be filtered, and analyzed by the public, researchers, FRA, and others. GX Dash! provides a specialized snapshot, and FRA’s Safety Data website contains data for more than 40 years and for multiple types of incidents. Click here to access the Safety Data website.