Corridor Identification and Development Program
Overview: The Corridor Identification and Development (Corridor ID) Program is a comprehensive intercity passenger rail planning and development program that will help guide intercity passenger rail development throughout the country and create a pipeline of intercity passenger rail projects ready for implementation.
Funding Available: For each selected Corridor, FRA initially awards the grantee $500,000 for eligible activities related to the initiation of a grantee’s Corridor development efforts to include the development of a scope, schedule, and cost estimate for preparing a service development plan (SDP) for a Corridor. See the Corridor ID Program Notice for more details about funding available for subsequent activities.
Recipients: FY22 Corridor ID Program Recipients
Legislative Authority: The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) Public Law 117-58, authorized the Secretary of Transportation to establish the Corridor ID Program to facilitate the development of intercity passenger rail corridors. 49 U.S.C. 25101(a). The Federal Railroad Administrator is delegated the authority to establish and administer the Corridor ID Program. 49 CFR 1.89(a).
- Groups of States;
- Entities implementing interstate compacts;
- Regional passenger rail authorities;
- Regional planning organizations;
- Political subdivisions of a State; or
- Federally recognized Indian Tribes.
- Corridor Identification and Development Program Step 2 Service Development Plan Draft Statement of Work Framework
- FY 2022 Corridor Identification and Development Program Notice of Solicitation of Corridor Proposals and Funding Opportunity
- FY 2022 Corridor Identification and Development Program Notice Amendment
- Corridor ID Program: Post-Selection Next Steps and Service Development Plan Statement of Work Framework and Scenarios (October 12, 2023, AASHTO presentation)
- Corridor Identification and Development Program--Notice of Funding Opportunity Presentation (February 16, 2023)
- Corridor Identification and Development Program—Solicitation Preview Presentation (September 27, 2022)
- To view presentation materials from the FY22 Corridor ID Program webinars, visit FRA's Webinars webpage, Grants & Loans drop-down.