How to Do Business with FRA
Step One - Become Eligible
- Obtain a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), or the Entity ID. To find or request a UEI, please visit www.sam.gov.
- Register in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) System at www.ccr.gov
Step Two – Identify Business Opportunities
The three most frequently used procurement methods:
- Open Market Acquisitions greater than $25K are advertised through Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) (includes full and open competitive opportunities and restricted small business competitive and non-competitive opportunities, e.g. 8a Program)
- Orders from pre-existing contracts (includes U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedules)
- The Federal Purchase Card Program (usually for simple acquisitions < $3K)
Small Business Vendor Database
If you are a small business and wish to conduct business with the Federal Railroad Administration, please visit Federal Railroad Administration Vendor Registration Form to register your company's information.
FRA’s Office of Acquisition awards and administers contracts and FRA’s Purchase Card Program
Review the Federal Supply Classification Code (FSC) and the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) of your product or service because many government product/services listings and future procurements are identified by FSC and/or NAICS codes.