What's Happened So Far?
FRA Issued the Notice of Intent on June 25, 2014.
FRA hosted public scoping meetings:
- Oct 21, 2014 - Dallas Infomart, Dallas, TX
- Oct 22, 2014 - IOOF Event Center, Corsicana, TX
- Oct 23, 2014 - Teague Community Center, Teague, TX
- Oct 27, 2014 - Brazos Center, Bryan, TX
- Oct 28, 2014 - Veterans’ Conference Center, Huntsville, TX
- Oct 29, 2014 - NRG Center, Houston, TX
- Dec 1, 2014 - Jewett Civic Center, Jewett, TX
- Dec 1, 2014 - Waxahachie Civic Center, Waxahachie, TX
- Dec 2, 2014 - Waller High School, Waller, TX
- Dec 2, 2014 - Truman Kimbro Convention Center, Madisonville, TX
- Dec 3, 2014 - Lone Star College, Tomball, TX
- Dec 4, 2014 - Grimes County Expo Center, Navasota, TX
- Closed public comment period for scoping process January 9, 2015
The Scoping Summary Report can be viewed here.
Scoping Summary Report appendices:
- Appendix A – Notice of Intent (NOI)
- Appendix B – Public Notification of the Scoping Period Extension
- Appendix C.1 – Display Advertisements
- Appendix D – Scoping Meeting Materials
- Appendix E – Scoping Comments
FRA identified six draft alignment alternatives to be evaluated in the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
FRA signed the Draft EIS on December 15, 2017, and it was published in the Federal Register on December 22, 2017. The Draft EIS analyzed six end-to-end Build Alternatives (Alternatives A–F) as well as the No-Build Alternative. The Build Alternatives include a terminal station in Dallas and an intermediate station in Grimes County near College Station, home of Texas A&M University. The Draft EIS also evaluated three Houston terminal station options: the Industrial Site Terminal, the Northwest Mall Terminal, and the Northwest Transit Center Terminal.
The Draft EIS public comment period ended on March 9, 2018. FRA held 11 public hearings in the affected counties in Texas.
- Dallas County – Monday, January 29, 2018
Wilmer-Hutchins High School, 5520 Langdon Rd, Dallas, TX
- Navarro County – Monday, January 29, 2018
Corsicana Middle School, 4101 FM 744, Corsicana, TX
- Ellis County – Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Ennis High School, 2301 Ensign Rd, Ennis, TX
- Leon County – Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Leon High School, 12168 US 79, Jewett, TX
- Limestone County – Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Mexia High School, 1120 N Ross Ave, Mexia, TX
- Freestone County – Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Fairfield High School, 630 Post Rd, Fairfield, TX
- Madison County – Monday, February 5, 2018
Truman Kimbro Convention Center, 111 W Trinity St, Madisonville, TX
- Harris County – Monday, February 5, 2018
Woodard Elementary School, 17501 Cypress North Houston Rd, Cypress, TX
- Grimes County – Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Navasota Junior High, 9038 Highway 90 South, Navasota, TX
- Waller County – Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Waller High School, 20950 Fields Store Rd, Waller, TX
- Harris County – Monday, March 5, 2018
Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, 3000 North Loop West , Houston, TX
FRA signed the Final EIS on May 15, 2020, and notice of its availability was published in the Federal Register on May 29, 2020.