Office of Administration
The Office of Administration plans, organizes, coordinates, and administers the FRA program offices for Human Resources, Information Technology, Acquisitions, Facilities and Asset Management, and Business Operations.
The Associate Administrator for Administration advises the Administrator on matters relating to the management and organization of the Federal Railroad Administration and serves as:
- FRA’s Chief Sustainability Officer
- FRA’s Reconstitution Manager
- FRA’s Chief Human Capital Officer
- FRA’s Chief Information Officer
- FRA’s Real Property Officer
- FRA’s Head of Contracting Authority and Competition Advocate
In these roles, responsibilities include:
- Enabling FRA’s mission through the effective use of information resources and information technology. Serving as a key strategic partner to the FRA Administrator and enabler of FRA’s modernization goals. Providing advice and assistance to the FRA Administrator and other senior management personnel to ensure that Information Technology is acquired, and information resources are managed in a manner that achieves the agency’s strategic goals in accordance with applicable laws, directives, and policies.
- Ensuring that FRA carries out its responsibilities for selecting, developing, training, and managing a high-quality workforce, consistent with the Government-wide human capital provisions included in the Homeland Security Act of 2002.
- Providing and managing administrative services in support of FRA missions and goals and providing support services to FRA offices to ensure their operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensuring that goods and services are procured consistent with laws and regulations and that competition is obtained to the maximum extent practical.
- Providing executive direction over the activities of the Office of Human Resources, Office of Information Technology, Office of Acquisition, Office of Facilities and Asset Management, and Office of Business Operations.