Trespass and Suicide Dashboard
FRA’s Trespass and Suicide Dashboard is a user-friendly data visualization of trespass and suicide incidents that occurred on railroad rights-of-way in the United States from 2010 to 2022.
The Trespass and Suicide Dashboard answers the following questions about trespassing and suicide incidents:
- Where have trespassing incidents occurred both nationally and locally?
- What railroads are involved in trespassing incidents?
- What are the details for trespassing incidents (e.g., trespasser age, day of week, time of day, physical act before casualty, and the causative event)
- Where do suicide incidents occur nationally?
- What is the trend of suicides incidents by year?
Railroads report casualties resulting from a trespassing or suicide incidents to FRA. Data can be filtered and analyzed by the public, researchers, FRA, and others. The Trespass and Suicide Dashboard provides a specialized data snapshot, and FRA’s Safety Data website contains data for more than 40 years and for multiple types of incidents. Click here to access the Safety Data website.
Click here to access the Trespass and Suicide Dashboard