Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS)
On May 12, 2023, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) released a Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS), Draft Programmatic Agreement (PA), and Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation for the Washington Union Station Expansion Project. The SDEIS assesses the potential impacts on the human and natural environment of a new Preferred Alternative (Alternative F) developed in response to comments on the 2020 DEIS.
FRA accepted comments on the SDEIS, Draft PA and Draft 4(f) Evaluation from May 12 to July 6, 2023. Two public hearings were held on June 27 and June 28, 2023, respectively(click on the link for more information on the public hearings).
An electronic copy of the SDEIS is available via the links below.
- Appendix C3S: Supplemental Environmental Consequences Technical Report
- Appendix C3aS: Aesthetics and Visual Quality: Supplemental Visual Assessment
- Appendix D1S: Supplemental Assessment of Effects and Section 106 Correspondence
- Appendix D2: Draft Programmatic Agreement
- Appendix S1: Multimodal Refinement Report
- Appendix S2: Description of Alternative F