Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS)
On May 12, 2023, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) released a Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS), Draft Programmatic Agreement, and Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation for the Washington Union Station Expansion Project. The SDEIS assesses the potential impacts on the human and natural environment of a new Preferred Alternative (Alternative F) developed in response to comments on the 2020 DEIS.
Comments on the SDEIS, Draft Programmatic Agreement, and Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation can be submitted until July 6, 2023, through any of the following means:
- Email to: info@WUSstationexpansion.com
- Written comment to:
Deputy Federal Preservation Officer
Office of Federal Railroad Policy and Development
USDOT Federal Railroad Administration (MS-20)
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
- Oral comment at the following toll-free number: (800) 892-3297
Commenting at one of the two public hearings on June 27 and June 28, 2023, respectively (click on the link for more information on the public hearings).
An electronic copy of the SDEIS is available via the links below. Additionally, printed copies can be consulted at the following locations in Washington, DC:
- Northwest One Neighborhood Library, 155 L Street NW
- Northeast Neighborhood Library, 330 7th Street NE
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, 901 G Street NW
A limited number of individual copies are also available upon request by emailing: info@WUSstationexpansion.com.
- Appendix C3S: Supplemental Environmental Consequences Technical Report
- Appendix C3aS: Aesthetics and Visual Quality: Supplemental Visual Assessment
- Appendix D1S: Supplemental Assessment of Effects and Section 106 Correspondence
- Appendix D2: Draft Programmatic Agreement
- Appendix S1: Multimodal Refinement Report
- Appendix S2: Description of Alternative F